Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: non-slipping street tires

  1. #1
    Inactive Member solRNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2002
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey,
    well, i drive a honda delsol with b16a motor, at the present time i have 17in volk grahm lights warped with nitto 450s and a jrsc kit sitting in my living room, i am getting alot of wheel spin with the current setup and that i will get ALOT more wheel sping with the jrsc installed, my question is what tires should i get to help me lessen the wheel spin and help at the drag track. i dont want slicks. thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Falken Azenis. I love 'em.

    Be carefull in the rain though...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 93SolSi/GSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2002
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    just get a good all weather Z rated tire

  4. #4
    Inactive Member JDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2001
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No matter what tire you get you will be able to spin. The Falken Azenis are a great dry weather tire and can be had for $63 + shipping in a 15 not shure what you will pay for a 17 (Cheapest price I could find was Vulcan tire.) but as far as performance that is cheap. For all weather Toyo t1 or Potenza So3 are a good bet but will cost you. Supposedly the best dry traction is BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD and that is going to cost you. One thing you have to remember is these type of tires are going to go quick. I am in a wet environment here in WA so I have run both the T1 and the S03 and out of those two I would pick the T1 mainly because it comes in more sizes. I hope noise is not a factor.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bkw97lude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2002
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm using the new Yokahama ES 100's on my 17" wheels with my JSRC Prelude. I have nearly 200 wheel tq and they actually hook up really well. I had Toyo FZ4's and I could spin them all the way through 2nd gear.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member mgro's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2002
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor=""><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JDR:
    No matter what tire you get you will be able to spin. The Falken Azenis are a great dry weather tire and can be had for $63 + shipping in a 15 not shure what you will pay for a 17 (Cheapest price I could find was Vulcan tire.) but as far as performance that is cheap. For all weather Toyo t1 or Potenza So3 are a good bet but will cost you. Supposedly the best dry traction is BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD and that is going to cost you. One thing you have to remember is these type of tires are going to go quick. I am in a wet environment here in WA so I have run both the T1 and the S03 and out of those two I would pick the T1 mainly because it comes in more sizes. I hope noise is not a factor.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I used to drive on Michelin Pilot SX (195-50-15)... I was having some traction isues so I switched to Bridgestone Potenza S02 (195-55-15). In the dry, my gtech shows that traction is improved several % (same acceleration in spite of larger diameter!!) but in the wet the difference is amazing. With the Michelins I could hardly touch the throttle when it rained, now I can accelerate at about 80% in first gear in the wet!
    I was told that for this tyre size, the S03 is a bad choice. Don't know how this translates to 17" though...

    luck,

    Mark.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Falken Azenis is an outstanding street tire. I've run them on the street, autocrossing and on track at PIR. They are a great rain tire as long as you don't hit standing water. I don't like them as much as my A032's [img]biggrin.gif[/img] but they are an awesome tire, especially for the money.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member schwett's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2001
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i've found no street tire that has as much grip as a bfg g-force t/a kd. it's not an all season tire, and more grip is not necessarily better for the drag strip...... you may go from "wheel spin" to "wheel HOP."

    however, for all around performance, i don't think you can touch these tires. they are far superior to the s-03 on dry asphalt and concrete.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member zip's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 1999
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor=""><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Holden:
    Falken Azenis. I love 'em.

    Be carefull in the rain though...
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I agree! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    10982390 c1c5 014000F0
    10982385 786d 014000F0
    11166884 cb51 014000F0

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MartyMarGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2001
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i have s03's on my JRSC GSR and i love em.

    I used to have Falken Ziex tires from Les Schwab, and those would peel out thru first and 2nd gear if i just hit the gas at a high enough rpm.

    But the Ziex are a way lesser performance tire than Azenis.

    I recommend s03's though for good all weather tire. I live in WA and they are pretty good in the rain. I get more grip with these on and having my car supercharged, than I had before when my car was NA and using Michelins and Falken Ziex tires.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •